Friday, December 6, 2013

Course Reflection

Course Reflection
ENC 1102
5 December 2013

I believe through the course of this semester that I have made an overall improvement in my writing capabilities. The course specifically allowed me to improve my scholarly writing. This course gave me an opportunity to practice writing research based papers with the many drafts and components due throughout the course. Throughout the course I feel I have met outcome 1, especially with my literature review. The vocabulary and vernacular I had to use had to be consistent with a research paper. The literature review allowed for me to practice inquiry based writing. I was able to make comments on a certain communities inquiries, and demonstrated an understanding for my audience.

I achieved outcome 2 by engaging in an inquiry-based research project. I was able to form a research question, and address the question through research. My survey is direct evidence of this outcome, the course gave me an opportunity to utilize surveying. Surveys weren't the only way in which I formulated my research though. I spent hours gather sources and information in order to support my research question.

Outcome 3 was achieved through the utilization of many sources. The nature of my research paper allowed me to use multiple sources. Also, I was able to connect the ideas of the sources through the intertextual map. The intertextual map gave the opportunity to summarize each source into points and made it easier to make connections between the sources. Finally, I achieved outcome 3 by sourcing all of my information.

No comments:

Post a Comment